MathWorks Community Grant Program: Eligibility Guidelines and Application
MathWorks considers community grant requests on a quarterly basis. Funding decisions are based on available resources and the degree to which proposals meet the MathWorks Community Grant Program criteria. While we appreciate the diverse interest in our Community Grant Program, we receive many more proposals than we are able to support each year.
Nonprofit organizations that meet MathWorks criteria for community grants are encouraged to complete an application. Please review the guidelines before submitting your application for a community grant.
Areas We Do Not Support
The MathWorks Community Grant Program does not support the following groups and activities:
- Religious organizations, clubs, fraternal groups, professional organizations, political campaigns, or lobbying groups
- Capital and endowment fund drives
- Fundraising events, such as walks, runs, golf tournaments, and dinners
- Applicants must demonstrate that the program to be considered has goals that are consistent with the goals of our Community Grant Program.
- Grants cover one year and range from $200 to $5000
- Grants are awarded primarily to organizations in the following communities:
- Natick, Massachusetts
- Novi, Michigan
- El Segundo, California
- Sydney, Australia
- Beijing, China
- Espoo, Finland
- Paris and Grenoble, France
- Munich, Aachen, and Stuttgart, Germany
- Bangalore, Delhi, and Pune, India
- Torino, Italy
- Nagoya, Osaka, and Tokyo, Japan
- Seoul, Korea
- Eindhoven, Netherlands
- Madrid, Spain
- Kista, Sweden
- Bern, Switzerland
- Cambridge, UK
- Organizations must be nonprofit and must demonstrate tax-exempt status.
- Funds must be requested for a specific program.
- Only one application per program or initiative is considered in a 12-month period.
- All grant recipients are required to submit a brief summary report of the program funded within 12 months of our contribution.
Grant Decision-Making Timetable
Applications are reviewed on a quarterly basis. Submission deadlines for each cycle are March 1, June 1, September 1, and December 1. Applicants will be notified as soon as a decision has been reached by the Grant Review Team.
Grant Application Form
If you would like your program to be considered for a MathWorks Community Grant, complete the application form.
Please note that only completed applications sent via this form will be considered for funding.
We look forward to learning more about how we can help!