Next: Environmental Models
- Includes standards-based environmental models for atmosphere, gravity, geoid height, wind, and magnetic field
- Converts units and transforms coordinate systems and spatial representations
- Implements predefined utilities for aerospace parameter calculations, time calculations, and quaternion math
- Imports aerodynamic coefficients from the U.S. Air Force Digital Data Compendium (Datcom)
- Provides options for visualizing vehicle dynamics in a 3-D environment, including an interface to FlightGear flight simulator
Visualization of Boeing 777 flight data (top right) achieved by using the Aerospace Toolbox interface to FlightGear flight simulator (bottom left).
To ensure design consistency, Aerospace Toolbox provides utilities for unit conversions, coordinate transformations, and quaternion math, as well as standards-based environmental models for the atmosphere, gravity, geoid height, and magnetic field. You can import aerodynamic coefficients from the U.S. Air Force Digital Data Compendium (Datcom) to carry out preliminary control design and vehicle performance analysis.