Next: Building and Packaging Components
- Royalty-free desktop and Web deployment of .NET and COM components to computers that do not have MATLAB installed
- Components callable from Common Language Specification (CLS)-compliant languages, including C#, F#, VB.NET, or ASP.NET, and COM-compliant technology, including Visual Basic®, ASP, or Excel®
- Type-safe automatic conversion to and from native .NET, COM, and MATLAB data types
- Direct passing of .NET objects to and from a compiled MATLAB function
- Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) support with Web or enterprise service-oriented architecture (SOA)
- .NET remoting for interprocess communication
- WebFigures interface for MATLAB figure zooming, rotating, and panning
The components created by the builder run against the MATLAB Compiler Runtime (MCR), the full set of libraries that supports all features of the MATLAB language and most related toolboxes. The MCR is provided with MATLAB Compiler. To run your .NET and COM components, you must distribute the MCR with them. Components created with MATLAB Builder NE and the MCR can be deployed royalty-free.
For Web applications, the builder generates WebFigures that enable in-browser zoom, pan, and rotation of MATLAB figures.
A .NET Web application for visualizing a surface plot generated by the MATLAB peaks function.