Next: Accounting for Parameter Variation or Uncertainty
Programmatically Specifying Response Optimization Problems
In addition to providing a graphical tool for setting up and solving parameter optimization problems, Simulink Design Optimization lets you formulate and solve optimization problems programmatically. Using this approach, you can:
- Specify the model parameters to be optimized
- Specify the model signals to be logged from simulations
- Specify standard objectives (such as step response characteristics)
- Specify custom cost and constraint functions
- Use sensitivity analysis to obtain a subset of the most sensitive parameters
- Set optimization options
- Run optimizations
- Update model parameters with optimization results
You can create scripts for documenting your work and running optimizations in batch mode.
Script for specifying an optimization problem programmatically. The function evaluates a custom objective to be minimized during optimization, specifically the total energy for the piston position actuator.