Next: Accessing and Controlling an xPC Target Application
Interfacing with Target Computer Hardware
Using xPC Target in a real-time testing environment requires a target computer with I/O modules or protocol support. xPC Target Turnkey provides ready-to-use configurations, from which you can select a real-time target machine that meets the performance requirements of your real-time testing application. xPC Target Turnkey offers a variety of form factors and I/O modules suitable for desktop, laboratory, or in-vehicle real-time testing solutions.
Ready-to-use xPC Target Turnkey real-time target machines in a variety of form factors suitable for desktop, lab, or in-vehicle environments.
xPC Target and xPC Target Turnkey together support a comprehensive selection of I/O which includes:
- Analog (sample-based, frame-based, audio/speech, high-speed, high-resolution, sequential or simultaneous sampling)
- Digital (parallel, TTL, 12V, 24V, high-drive, opto-coupled)
- Pulse train (PWM, pulse capture, quadrature decoding, TTL, RS422, RS485, LVDS, LVCMOS)
- Serial - Asynchronous (RS232, RS422, RS423, RS485), Synchronous (SDLC, HDLC)
- Incremental encoder, LVDT/RVDT, Synchro/Resolver
- Shared/Reflective memory
- Ethernet (UDP/IP, real-time raw Ethernet)
- Video (USB WebCam, CameraLink)
- Communication data buses and protocols (CAN, J1939, XCP, ARINC 429, MIL-STD-1553, EtherCAT Master)
- Other protocols (SSI, SPI, I2C, EnDat)
xPC Target provides native I/O drivers and functions for select target computer hardware that you specify and purchase directly from the hardware manufacturer.